We, SnapDragon Monitoring Limited (“SnapDragon”, “we”, “our”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of everyone who visits our website, www.snapdragon-ip.com (“Website”). We will only collect and use personal data in ways which are described here and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under law.
SnapDragon has established this Privacy Statement to assist you to understand what information we collect when you use our Website and how that information is used and to tell you what your privacy rights are. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully to ensure you understand it.
References to “you” throughout the policy are to you the person or entity viewing and/or using the Website.
Who we are and how to contact us
Where SnapDragon collects and processes your personal data, it is the data controller for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the Data Protection Act 2018 and / or any applicable legislation adopted by the United Kingdom post the United Kingdom ceasing to be a Member State of the European Union (“Data Protection Legislation”).
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Statement you can contact us at:
- SnapDragon Monitoring Limited, Suite 2, Ground Floor, Orchard Brae House, 30 Queensferry Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2HS; and / or
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information you can:
- submit a complaint in writing for the attention of The Data Control Team, SnapDragon Monitoring Limited, Suite 2, Ground Floor, Orchard Brae House, 30 Queensferry Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2HS; and / or
- notify the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by calling their helpline on: 0303 123 1113.
What personal information does SnapDragon collect about you?
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, telephone number or email address.
We may collect and process the following information about you when you use the Website or contact us.
Information which is given by you
When you choose to contact us via the Website we will collect the following personal data:
- your name;
- your email address; and
- any other information you choose provide.
Information we collect about you
With each of your visits to the Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information (e.g. your Internet Protocol (IP) address, log in information, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug in types and versions; operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website);
- information about how you use our Website, including the city and country you accessed the Website from, page response times, download errors.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or telephone call.
Information we collect about you when you subscribe to receive marketing communications from us
When you subscribe to receive marketing communications from us via the Website we will collect the following personal data from you:
- name; and
- email address.
Information we receive from third parties
We may receive technical data from the following parties:
- analytics providers (e.g. Google based outside the EU);
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. We will use your personal information for the above “subscription and services” purposes as it is necessary for the performance of a contract that we have with you (the “Subscription Agreement”). If you do not wish to provide the personal information requested you may not be able to proceed with the Subscription Agreement.
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. We may be required to share your personal information to comply with legal and/or regulatory requirements or, in the event of a dispute, with the relevant dispute resolution body.
Consent. Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending you newsletters or other direct marketing materials via email. You have the write to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.
Legitimate interests. The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as financial interests, operational and administrative interests, maintaining our relationship with you.
Compliance with legal obligations. We may process your data where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
How SnapDragon uses your information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. On the basis of the legal grounds outlined above, we will use your personal information to:
- perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- provide ongoing services and support (legal basis: performance of our contract with you and our legitimate interests);
- to use data analytics to improve our Website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences (legal basis: legitimate interests); and
- provide you with our newsletter and information about services and activities (legal basis: consent where we contact you by electronic means (email, SMS) and our legitimate interests for non-electronic forms of communication).
You may have a legal right to ask us to delete or destroy your information. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at SnapDragon Monitoring Limited, Suite 2, Ground Floor, Orchard Brae House, 30 Queensferry Road, Edinburgh, EH4 2HS for further information.
With Whom Does SnapDragon Share Your Personal Information?
SnapDragon contracts with trusted third party service providers and suppliers to provide certain services and customer solutions.
We may share your personal data with the following parties for the purposes noted below:
- the party which develops and hosts our Website: which is currently i-Page;
- the party which provides email hosting services to us: which is currently Cobweb;
- the parties which provide marketing support services to us: which are currently fatBuzz, Lead Forensics and Mailchimp;
- the party which provides web chat on our Website: which is currently MoneyPenny
Except as provided above, SnapDragon will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by, or in connection with, law enforcement action, subpoena or other litigation, or applicable law.
SnapDragon will not sell, trade or lease your personal information to others.
Where Do We Store Personal Data?
The information which we collect about you will usually be stored inside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA). However, we may transfer personal data outside the UK or EEA where our service providers host, process or store data outside the UK or EEA. Where we do this, we will ensure that the transfer is to a country covered by the decision of the European Commission or is otherwise made in circumstances which we have put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
We will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary for the “uses” outlined above, unless we are required to keep your personal data to comply with the law and any regulatory requirements.
We will retain your information in accordance with the timelines in our Data Retention Policy.
Data subjects rights
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Legislation which can be exercised by contacting email@example.com including:
- the right to access the personal data held about the you by making a subject access request in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. We may charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
- the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to have your personal data deleted in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain specific circumstances as set out in the Data Protection Legislation;
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for purposes based on our legitimate interests; and
- where you have provided consent, to withdraw such consent at any time.
Security of personal information
To protect the privacy of any personal information you may have provided, SnapDragon employs industry-standard controls including physical access controls, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Your account is password protected for your security and we accordingly advise that you maintain the privacy of your password and change this occasionally to maintain this level of security.
Third Party Links
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website , we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every website you visit.
SnapDragon will engage in periodic self-assessment to verify that it continues to be in compliance with this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement was updated on 8th October 2018.